Don joined Moneta as Partner in 2015 after 35 years as Deloitte Tax Partner. He has significant experience in financial analysis, corporate and individual income tax planning, estate planning, business succession consulting, family and board governance, and strategic financial planning. He has dedicated his career to bringing creative solutions to complex families’ financial advisory needs.
Poling holds a BSBA and MBA from Bowling Green State University and was part of Stanford University’s Executive Management Program. He is very active in the St. Louis community serving on boards for organizations such as the St. Louis Community Foundation, Cultural Festival, Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis, Bowling Green University Foundation, Repertory Theatre of St. Louis, Civic Entrepreneur, Inc, and St. Louis Art Fair.
He and his wife Susan reside in a 120-year-old vintage home in the Central West End and spend much of the winter at their beach house in Naples, FL. Don enjoys time with family (2 children and 6 grandchildren,) traveling, hiking National Parks, reading history and biographies and staying active.
- MBA, Bowling Green State University
- Certified Public Accountant
- Executive Management Program, Stanford University
- St. Louis Community Foundation, Board Member
- Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis, Board Member
- Bowling Green University Foundation, Board Member
- Salem Methodist Church, Finance Committee
- Private Company Advisory Board